Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm Never Lettin Go


The sky is the limit. Reach for the stars and let our imagination grow. No one can tell us what we can't do, and don't let them tell you anything else. Some people can bring you down and tell you you will never be able to survive with that income, or the business is tough and there isn't a point of trying. I listened to my dad about not following an art career and I completely stopped drawing, and have lost my talent. Now that I have talents in training, I am not listening to any negativity. I am living my life the way I want with a bright future ahead.

When I was young, I loved to pretend, and sing songs about dolphins and stars and kitty cats and all of these weird things. I was always an animal lover. I was always the one who wouldn't squish a spider, but capture and release. I would help the June bugs out of the baby swimming pool, and collect rolly pollies. I care so much for animals, and when I was younger, I wanted to be what every little girl who liked animals wanted to be, a veterinarian. I took a job as a vet tech and figured out I wouldn't want to be a vet. You work more with people, and you get to be the "bad guy" to the animals the majority of the time since the dogs and cats never understood that a vet can be a good positive thing.

So when I got Jasper, my whole life turned around. I figured out dogs love unconditionally no matter what you look like, or how you treat others. They are forgiving, and love you more than they love their selves. It is making me tear up just writing this because Jasper has been such a godsend. He has helped me through tough times already and always keeps me happy. When I am down, he will rest his head on my lap and look up at me like he knows. When I take him for a car ride to go somewhere, he literally leans on me and leans his head on me as I put my arm over him and hold him close. He really appreciates all I do for him and never expects anything. He wants to spend every minute with me. He made me realize to take a hold of my dreams, and make them become reality. And I am!

I see myself growing older and choosing good friends. You know, it is funny but all my friends out of my age group. I mean I have some good school friends still but the majority is not. This is going everywhere but on topic, but I just wanted to give everyone who takes the time to talk with me, and make me feel happy, you all are the best friends out there. I pick good friends, and I am confident with saying that. You all are blessings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post so much, Ashley! I am so happy you aren't letting the naysayers stop you. I know you will make a great success out of your life and make so many animals and people happy along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Kerri, you are such a sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete